Monday, January 14, 2013

Oh, Alaska

This is St. Michael, AK:

1. I was still at school today and my roommate sent me an email: "Be prepared to pound on the door, the lock is frozen shut."

2. A friend and I were going together on an online order and the company doesn't ship to PO Boxes.  So, we just made up an address instead: 811 Reindeer Way, St. Michael, AK 99659.

3. We are having a steak party tomorrow.  At school.  In the home-ec room...which is also the office of the counselor who works in 2 villages and lives in her office (the home-ec room) when she is St. Michael.

4. Unalakleet is the major village here in Bush Alaska and most planes and all of the mail goes through there.  We received an email from our principal: "The post office in Unalakleet is scheduled to close. We don't know why.  Steps are in place to reopen it soon."

It's a crazy place, but it is definitely an adventure I will never forget! :)




1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the book My Teacher Sleeps In School, I guess it is true! Have a good day! Bundle up! Mom

    ReplyDelete