Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is the big day when I leave for Alaska.  I can't believe how quickly these few weeks have flown by since I decided to go on this adventure.

Thankfully, I now have a phone.  Some of my awesome friends went digging through junk drawers and I was able to get a phone that will have service there.  This was one of my mom's biggest concerns so I am so thankful that we were able to find one that will work in my village.  I will not be using my old phone number, so if you try to call or text me at that number, I won't be able to respond.  The best way of keeping in touch with me will be email or facebook.  My email address is kbresz@gmail.com.  I also will be able to skype: kristie.bresz.

I am just about finished packing.We ended up packing an entire suitcase of food including a cooler with a ton of frozen foods.  I have stuffed shells, stuffed peppers, pierogies and even a small turkey breast! :)

I can't wait to get there and start to figure everything out.  I am really looking forward to getting into my classroom and meeting my students.  I promise a lot more pictures will be making their way here soon, but here is a last picture of me as I get ready to go with my goggles and face shield!


4 comments:

  1. We will be following your adventures Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Kris- love you-Aunt Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're waiting for an update! -Aunt Suz

    ReplyDelete